ACT II – Skills Building Intensives
Ready to take your ACT Skills to the next level?
Ready to learn ACT as a dance?
Join us for an ACT clinical skills-building intensive, an opportunity to practice reading, targeting, and moving psychological flexibility processes. In this entirely new type of intermediate ACT workshop, the most experienced ACT therapist of all, Steve Hayes, has developed a comprehensive set of creative exercises that build out ACT as different type of evidence-based practice: not protocols for syndromes, but evidence-based processes linked to procedures that address problems and promote prosperity in people.
ACT II will help you see psychological flexibility processes in flight, and target these processes at will within the therapeutic relationship, changing evidence-based therapy from a kind of march into a fluid psychotherapeutic dance. Even the style of the workshop is different. Just as you can’t learn to dance solely through verbal instructions — you have to practice and get feedback — this skills-building intensive creates more fluid and flexible ACT abilities by creatively breaking ACT down into a manageable set of key skills and learning them by demonstration, practice, and feedback. If you have ever felt stuck in a corner of the psychological flexibility model in your ACT work, after this workshop you will learn moves that takes you out of that corner and advances therapeutic progress.
This 2-day training will help you:
- Detect psychological flexibility processes in flight in session
- Conceptualize cases in terms of flexibility processes
- Target psychological flexibility processes at will at any point in therapy
- Develop flexible and productive core intervention skills in ACT
- Use these skills to create a powerful therapeutic relationship
Participants should have had some training in ACT. That means, at a minimum, participants should be reasonably familiar with the six core ACT processes. If you are at that level or above, this workshop is for you. Even expert ACT therapists will benefit because these exercises will further shape your skills.
Which one will you attend?
ACT II- Atlanta
ACT II- Phoenix
ACT BootCamp – Tampa Fall 2016
ACT BootCamp® is more than just a long workshop. This four-day event is a distillation of everything that’s so exciting about acceptance and commitment therapy. Over this long weekend, you can expect to:
- Learn the basics of the model from some of the most experienced and respected trainers in the community
- Watch master clinicians demonstrate the work
- Explore ACT experientially, learning it from the inside out
- Discover and practice effective and evidence-bases clinical skills
BootCamp is an ideal introduction to the ACT model for complete beginners. There is no experience necessary to make the most of this workshop. However, even very experienced ACT therapists will find that the entire workshop will enrich and deepen their practice. And everyone, regardless of level, will benefit tremendously from the atmosphere of community and connection that only this event can generate.
Day 1: Demystifying ACT with D.J. Moran
Day 2: Touch the heart of ACT with Kelly Wilson
Day 3: Dive into the method of the model with me, Steve Hayes
Day 4: Applying ACT skills flexibly in clinical practice: Heart and Feet with Robyn Walser.
Dates: Nov. 3-6, 2016
Location:Crowne Plaza Tampa Westshore
5303 W Kennedy Blvd
Tampa, Florida 33609
The World Conference brings together clinicians and researchers to present cutting-edge research in ACT, RFT, and Contextual Behavioral Science, as well as experienced trainers to lead experiential workshops so that you can learn how to better serve your clients.
The World Conference is for psychologists, social workers, professional counselors, marriage and family therapists, psychiatrists, physicians, drug counselors, health researchers, language researchers, behavior analysts, students and more…. Anyone in a similarly related helping or research field is invited to attend.
Registration in the full conference is all-inclusive and includes lunch, coffee/tea breaks, open access to workshops, research symposia, posters, panel discussions, plenary sessions with CBS researchers and practitioners, and our IGNITE sessions.
- Earn 16 Continuing Education credits by enrolling in an online course using the text, Get Out of Your Mind & Into Your Life.
- Earn 6 Continuing Education credits by taking the Acceptance and Commitment Therapy online audio course.
- British Association of Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies had the pleasure of hosting a debate on “The Future of CBT” at University College London, UK on 23rd September 2010. Our distinguished speakers were Prof Steven Hayes, Dr David Veale and Prof Steve Pilling, each presenting their perspective on the future developments of behavioural and cognitive psychotherapies. The evening generated lively discussion! BABCP ACT S.I.G. University of London